Thank you for accessing the web site ("Site") of OnDeckSports.com. We respect your privacy and want to protect your Personal Information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We occasionally collect Personal Information from Site users. In each such case, you will only be required to provide the Personal Information that we need in order to be able to provide the services you have requested through the Site. You may be entitled under applicable data protection laws to access and review your Personal Information that we maintain, if you provide the necessary consent and background information and pay any mandated fee. All such communications regarding access to your personal data should be addressed to: 88 Spark St., Brockton MA 20302. Such enquiries should clearly be marked as data protection queries and noted as being time sensitive.
We collect information that will help provide a better user experience for your visit, and future visits. Information we collect falls under two categories: personally identifiable information (PII) and anonymous information (Non-PII). PII means any information that could reasonably be used to identify you, including your name, address, e-mail address, birth date, financial information, photograph, telephone number or any combination of information that could be used to identify you. Non-PII is information that does not identify you, and may include statistical information concerning, for example, your use of our Services, the features of the Website or pages on our Site that you visit most frequently.
Types of Information We May Collect
When We Collect Your Information
- • Your name
- • Your billing and delivery address
- • Your e-mail address
- • Your phone (or mobile) number
- • Your credit/debit card number
- • Information on how you are using the Site
- • Your purchase/return/exchange information
HOW & WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- • You purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services from the Site or mobile applications.
- • You create an OnDeckSports.com account
- • You connect with us regarding customer service via our customer service center.
- • You visit the Site or participate in interactive features of the Site or mobile applications.
- • You sign up for e-mails or social media notifications from us.
- • You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
- • You interact with the Site through your computer, tablet or mobile device.
We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. One goal in collecting Personal Information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your Personal Information to:
- • help make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- • help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- • help us create content on this Site that is most relevant to you.
- • alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
We may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. This information helps us customize your website experience and make our marketing messages more relevant. It also allows us to provide features such as storage of items in your cart between visits. This includes our content presented on other websites or mobile applications. In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you are shopping our website, performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
User Experience Information
- • Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- • We may use third-party advertising companies to help us tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any Personal Information collected by us.
- • As an example, Facebook collects certain information via cookies and web beacons to determine which web pages are visited or what products are purchased. Please note that any information collected by Facebook via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any customer's Personal Information collected by us.
- In order to improve the online shopping experience, help with fraud identification, and to assist our customer care representatives in resolving issues customers may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information, including, but not limited to, login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and other participants, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
- Internal Use - We use your Personal Information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your Personal Information to improve our Site's content and layout, to improve our outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- Accounts - In order to use the Site, and/or some of its features, you may have to create and register an account (an "Account"). You agree not to create an Account for anyone else or use the account of another without their permission. When creating your Account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs in your Account, and you must keep your Account password secure. You must notify us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. You are solely responsible and liable for the activity that occurs in connection with your Account. You may delete your Account at any time by following the options within the Site.
- Communications with You - We will use your Personal Information to communicate with you about our site and your orders and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.) We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt out section, below, for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
- External Use - We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection - we primarily sell merchandise, not information. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific Personal Information or financial information to anyone, except that:
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- • As do most catalog and Internet retailers, we sometimes use third parties to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, and Federal Express) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- • Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security.)
- • We may share non-Personal Information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
- • We maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard this information, the Site uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode the information.
- • Please note that e-mail is generally not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for Personal Information, do not respond, as it may be a “phishing” attempt designed to steal your information. Though we might ask you your name, we will never request your password, credit card information or other information through e-mail.
- • We also ask customers to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to us and their issuing bank or credit card company. We ask all our customers to take measures to help protect information in their online accounts, including the following:
OUT OUT/INFORMATION CORRECTIONS
- • Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses.
- • Reset your e-mail account passwords frequently.
- • Use complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric case sensitive characters).
- • Do not use the same password on more than one website.
- • Do not share your password with others.
- • Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your Personal Information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests at the customer information section of This Site
) , or by telephoning, or emailing your request to OnDeckSports.com's Customer Support department (toll-free) 1-800-365-6171
. Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive or personal information
OFFLINE USED, COLLECTION & DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Site may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other third party websites, and you visit them at your own risk.
SERVICE VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that certain Personal Information and other information provided by you in connection with your use of the Site may be stored on your device (even if we do not collect that information). You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device from unauthorized access.
MERGER, SALE OR BANKRUPTCY
If we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or if we are subject to a bankruptcy or any comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection therewith.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT NOTICE
On September 27, 2013, California enacted A.B. 370, amending the California Online Privacy Protection Act to require website operators like us to disclose how we respond to "Do Not Track Signals"; and whether third parties collect personally identifiable information about users when they visit us.
(1) We do not track users, who do not interact with its sharing functionality across the web, and therefore do not use "do not track" signals.
(2) We do not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from our users for third party use through advertising technologies without separate member consent.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 also permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Last updated: November 29, 2015